- The Lake Erie Foundation (LEF) Board will hold its Retreat on Wednesday, February 21st. 2018. LEF’s mission is to create and maintain a healthy Lake Erie now and forever as defined by drinkable water, recreational contact and edible fish.
- The Waterkeeper Annual Conference on Friday, April 13, 2018 will be held at WW Knight in Perrysburg – Lake Erie Updates and Manure.
- Annual Meeting: The Lake Erie Foundation held its annual meeting at Sandusky Yacht Club on Wednesday, January 31 at 4:30 followed by dinner and guest speakers Sandusky City Manager Eric Wobser and Public Works Director Aaron Kline. There were more than 30 people in attendance.
- Legislative Forum: The Lake Erie Foundation sponsored a legislative forum at Lakeside, Ohio on Monday, December 11, 2017. Jeff Reutter began the program with an update on Lake Erie algae followed by a summary of the Lake Erie Foundations efforts for Lake Erie. A Lake Erie panel discussion followed with Q & A for legislators and other participants. The presentation was based largely on a recent “White Paper*” entitled Summary of Findings and Strategies to Move Toward a 40% Phosphorus Reduction White Paper Strategies – Summary outlining the challenges Lake Erie is experiencing. The paper also offers recommendations of viable solutions to ensure a healthy lake environment. To view the accompanying PowerPoint presentation given by Dr. Reutter click here White Paper Strategies – Reutter.
* By Kristen Fussell, Gail Hesse, Laura Johnson, Kevin King, Greg LaBarge, Jay Martin, Jeffrey Reutter, Robyn Wilson, and Christopher Winslow, September 2017