- On Monday, November 26, 2018 NOAA is conducting a series of Listening Sessions across the United States to receive public input regarding the implementation of the Department of Commerce’s 2018-2022 Strategic Plan (available here).
- The Annex Co will be sponsoring a webinar on Tuesday, November 20th from 2:00-3:30pm EST providing a brief overview of information and updates on work under the Nutrients Annex of the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement to address excess phosphorus loads leading to toxic and nuisance algal blooms in Lake Erie. Registration link below. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1167749912898342403
Call-In # 866-299-3188, Conference Code # 8783921, Webinar ID: 490-468-675
- On 11-15-18 the U.S. EPA published a draft health assessment and the results of chemicals and health studies for exposure to GenX and PFBS.
See the ‘Fact Sheet’ at that site for the draft exposure guideline for GenX and PFBS, and comparisons to existing health advisories to PFOA and PFOS. More on the chemical studies producing these proposals:
Public Comment on the draft health assessment is due 60 days after the notice is published in the Federal Register.
- Lake Erie Foundation Files Amicu Brief in Support of the Clean Water Act/TMDL Lawsuit. See the following links for more details: Press Release, Amicus Brief Motion, Amicus Brief
- Updated Asian Carp Website: We invite you to explore the updated website, which can now be accessed via phones, tablets, and other mobile devices. With more intuitive navigation and organization, learning about the fight against invasive Asian carp is easier than ever.
- Most Recent Algae Forecast:
- Here is today’s Lake Erie algae bulletin. Notice that there is a bloom but the color is blue and green rather than red meaning that the algae is less dense.
- Did You Ever Wonder What is Meant by the designation: Lake Erie Waters Impairment? Below are several great links to understand what the term means and why it is an important first step in helping protect Lake Erie’s water quality.